About Me

My photo
Full-time RVers- Full-time Friends (Married over 20 years, TO EACH OTHER!)

Thursday, September 1, 2011

What Would You Do If This Happened Tomorrow?

I love to read about all sorts of things.  The more that I read, the more that I know.  The more that I know, the more I can be prepared almost anything that happens in life.  I recently viewed a video created by the Discovery Channel that made me do a little more investigating.  Here is the link to it:  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6r5ne_solar-storms-alert-2008-2012-discov_news . (It is a few minutes long but very informative.)

I think most of our readers have heard about the possibility of solar storms striking the earth.  I know that I have heard it because of the whole "2012 end of the world" thing.  However, I didn't really fully understand how it would affect civilization.  Anyhow after watching the video from the link that I mentioned in previous paragraph, I am even more grateful to have been able to spend much of the summer living out of the back of a truck.  It was great fun, but we learned a lot about how to survive on our own without electricity. 

Here is another interesting link:  www.solarstormwarning.com .  The following are some interesting comments from that website.

Astrophysicist Alexei Dmitriev says that both Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 satellites reveal that our sun, as well as our entire solar system, is now moving into an interstellar energy cloud. Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University says this interstellar energy cloud is turbulent. Dmitriev explains that this cloud of energy is exciting the atmospheres of our planets and especially our sun. As this interstellar energy cloud continues to excite/charge the sun, it causes the sun to become more active, resulting in greater output from the sun. IE: Bigger and more frequent solar storms and CME's resulting in the Carrington effect. This interstellar cloud of electrical energy is also absorbed by the Earth, and scientist have found that it results in more earth quakes, all while dramatically effecting our weather here on earth. When asked how long will it take our sun to pass through this interstellar energy cloud, Dr. Dmitriev replied, "I don't know. But If I had to guess, I would say somewhere between two thousand to three thousand years." This interstellar cloud is a wispy band of charged particles through which our solar system is slowly moving through.

When Dr. Dmitriev was asked what are the implications of all this for earth he replied, "Global catastrophe! Not in tens of years from now, but in ones of years" ...in that this global catastrophe is basically right around the corner setting the stage for NASA's latest solar storm warning 2012-2013.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
Did you know that a super solar storm would knock out most power world wide for months and take years to repair it all, costing trillions in damages world wide?
  • Are you prepared with at least twelve to twenty four months of previsions for food, water, medicine and heating?
  • Are you aware that a killer super solar storm would lock down modern countries like the United States, Europe, Asia, and Canada for months?
  • Are you aware of that countries like the U.S. have an Anti Hoarding Act that effects you during a national crises? ((Learn how not to have your food purchases tracked))
  • Are you ready to fend for yourself as food stores most likely will not be in operation for months because of looters, gangs and no power, and especially a lack of food supplies?
Now, I want to say again that I am in no way endorsing the idea that a global catastrophe is right around the corner.   There is no way to determine these things.  It could happen a thousand years from now or tomorrow.  No one knows for sure.  I just know that I enjoy my time being out in nature.  I honestly think that I could and would survive a global grid meltdown.  I owe it to the fact that I have gone out and actually tried it.  I hope that everyone looks at the fun my wife and I had traveling through the United States this summer, and will start giving serious thought to doing the same.  Even if a solar storm never hits the earth, getting out and enjoying the outdoors will probably be a fantastic experience.  If it does hit, you will have developed real skills to help you and your family survive.  Happy Trails to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment