About Me

My photo
Full-time RVers- Full-time Friends (Married over 20 years, TO EACH OTHER!)

Saturday, October 1, 2011

I really didn't know you could do that....

For far too long, I like too many people believed that all food came from stores.  Okay, being raised on a small farm I didn't really believe that.  However, I have to admit that I have grown accustomed to relying on stores for everything.  I really want to change that as much as I can.  Today, I tried something new.  I am dehyrating apples for future use. 
Dehyrating using the windshield of the truck

I am doing it in two different sources.  1) using our the solar oven and 2) using the windshield of my truck.  I am anticipating that they will bring the same tasty results.  I hope so anyhow. 

Another use for the solar oven

As I write, a problem has developed.  A fluke rain storm has just rolled through the area.  I really need to have the sun out to have this effectively work.  Ideally, the temperature should be between 115 to 150 degrees F.  Right now, my solar oven has a temperature of 98 degrees.  The good news is that the sun is now out so we shall see. 

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment