About Me

My photo
Full-time RVers- Full-time Friends (Married over 20 years, TO EACH OTHER!)

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Being Prepared (First Time Greendockin' Part IV)

Dean (the husband)  Shalane (the wife :O)

At this point, I  would like to be able to say that we had a nice, enjoyable drive home, BUT about 10 miles down the road the left front tire blew. Changing a diesel truck tire in the middle of the afternoon in the hot California desert is not my idea of a good time, but it did get done. I put on the spare only to realize that the was very, very low.   I did my part too.  :O) I held a sun umbrella over Dean's head and made sure he drank plenty of water. 

Fortunately, I brought along our portable tire compressor, and, after another 30 minutes filling the tire,  we were back on the road and headed home.  We used the solar generator to power the compressor.  We had juiced it up that morning while we were packing. By the way, men look kinda sexy when they're doin' manly stuff like changing a tire, so there are benefits for you guys in doing all that manual labor.  ;O)
I have had a few people ask me if I will give some specific info on the "green" products that we have been using like what brand they are and how easy they are to setup and use. I will share my reviews on these products in future blogs. We're really pretty new to solar power and many of the gadgets that we are working with.  We feel that it's important to make use of these things several times before recommending them to anyone else.  So far we have had some really good experiences, so you will probably see us giving more details soon on the products that have worked well for us and where you can go to get them.  Until then, Happy Trails!

1 comment:

  1. God Bless you!
    I just by accident saw your blog and I will follow it as you post new info. I got the bug for a camper and soon to be retired I intend to do just that and live in Europe.
    Thanks and best of wishes to you guys!
    Peter, California

    ReplyDelete