About Me

My photo
Full-time RVers- Full-time Friends (Married over 20 years, TO EACH OTHER!)

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Three Weeks is WAY TOO LONG to Stay in One Place!

Dean (the husband)
Shalane (the wife)

Since arriving at our mountain retreat about 3 weeks ago, we have stayed within a 15 mile radius of the RV park.   We did take that one overnight trip to Beaver Dam State Park.  We have had friends from Vegas come and visit us, but we haven’t ventured out of the area much.   We’re not complaining though, we are staying in one of the most beautiful spots in Nevada.  However, both of us are getting a little restless for some new scenery.   Tomorrow we will be leaving for our first  “vacation within a vacation.”   We will be going to Idaho to visit some of our closest friends.  They have been down to see us a couple of times, but we have not taken the opportunity to travel to see them since moving to Vegas about 5 years ago. 

Granted, it is far easier to think of an excuse to go to Las Vegas than it is to think of a reason to go to Kimberling, Idaho.   Still, it’s high time we take the trip and renew our friendships.  In keeping with our character, we won’t be driving the 5 ½  hour trip straight through.  Tonight we will spend the night in Pioche. Tomorrow it’s off to Cave Lake State Park near Ely, NV.  Saturday, we will head on in to our friend’s, where we will stay until Tuesday morning.   We’re super excited to see Tina and Steve.  Tina is a friend of mine from high school, and when she married Steve, our husbands became instant friends.  Two of our children even shared their first kiss with each other while they were still in diapers.

Cave Lake State Park we actually discovered last year almost by accident.  We were driving to Ely and saw the sign for the state park and decided to check it out.    I remember it as the place where I caught only one trout, but it was my biggest fish of the summer.   I remember it as the place where I took about 100 AMAZING photographs.  I love taking pictures, and Cave Lake offers some spectacular scenery to shoot.   We will make sure to include a few pictures of each stop.  It truly is an incredibly picturesque place.

It has been over 40 years since I was last visited  the Twin Falls vicinity.   Hey!  It’s been over 40 years for me too!  Oh wait, I wasn’t even born then.  Lol  Sorry, Babe, I couldn‘t resist.  I do look forward to renewing my memories of the region.  Again, we will be sure to take advantage of all photo opps.   There should be quite a few!  Steve said he going to take us sturgeon fishing.  Yikes!  I‘m not gonna lie, I‘m a little freaked out.   Happy Trails!

1 comment: