About Me

My photo
Full-time RVers- Full-time Friends (Married over 20 years, TO EACH OTHER!)

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Patience Pays

Dean (the hardworking husband)
Shalane (the wife of the hardworking husband  :O)

Ever experience your greatest day ever?….Well, we've had some pretty great days, but today was exhausting.  I feet great!  I watched as Dean got everything unhooked and hitched up.  He looked like he was having a good time.  I was providing cold water as he dripped with sweat, AND I told him if I felt that he wasn’t doing anything good enough or fast enough.  He looked VERY manly  doing all that hard work, and I thought he was having a good time! We have been looking forward to this day for months.   The fishing lake is now just 3 miles from our new resting spot.  We won’t be going there tonight though, because it’s free fishing day, and there are about a million people on the lake.  We came here to get away from all those people.  Yup!  We’ll just hang out here, and head out there once all the city folk are gone.  On a day where it is near 100 degrees in Vegas, the current temperature is 79 degrees here.  The mountains are so close, we can just about reach out and touch them.  What could possibly be wrong?  The answer is, the lloonngg drive.  I don’t know what he’s complaining about, I drove like 12 of those miles!

We got up at 5:30 this morning so we could get off to an early start.  We thought we did most of the prep work last night so that we could leave early.  As is often the case, we got out of there at 8:30 a.m., about an hour later that we wanted to.   The longer it took, the hotter it got.  I was bringing water.  I think he keeps forgetting that part.  :O)  The trip itself went as expected.  We would stop in Alamo, NV for a quick restroom break, then in Caliente for lunch at J & J‘s, and  then Panaca to top off the tank before making our way here to the Eagle Valley Resort.  Three impressive mountain passes had us crawling along at a snail’s pace, especially near the summits.  Once we made it to the RV park, we located our campsite.   Our  long truck combined with our 26’ trailer with the extra large hitch,  made backing into our spot nearly impossible.  Fortunately, our new neighbor, Jeff, helped us out by guiding the trailer into its new home.  Thanks, Jeff!

I am now so tired that I may not even go fishing tonight.  However, we have another 30 days here to enjoy that.  There are many “greatest days” that will occur shortly,  just give me a chance to recover.  He’s right!  There are a lot a of GREAT days to be had here.  The hiking and fishing is near endless in Lincoln County, and we’re excited to experience it and to share it with you!  Don’t worry about Dean.  I’ll take care of him tonight.  He did work REALLY hard today, so I’ll give him a good rubdown, and he’ll be good to go tomorrow.  (Hey, don‘t be getting any ideas!  This is a family blog.  ;O)  Until then, Happy Trails! 

No comments:

Post a Comment