About Me

My photo
Full-time RVers- Full-time Friends (Married over 20 years, TO EACH OTHER!)

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

How much can it change anyhow?

Five years is really not that long of a time to be away from a town is it? We have made it back to Oswego, Kansas now in the very house in which we used to live. My sister-in-law is ‘renting to own it’ and it was nice to finally see some of the changes that she had been telling us that she had made to the home. The rest of the town of about 2000 people is pretty much the same but there are a few differences. Also, it seems that all the people that I used to know when I lived here are all older looking, especially the children. However, except for the heat and humidity, it is nice to be back.

Getting access to the internet has proven to be a little interesting. However, if I go to an upstairs bedroom, open the window completely, and point my internet signal finder dish toward the south sky between two trees I can get just enough of a signal to surf the web. One big problem is that that bedroom has no air conditioner. Currently in the room it is about 110 degrees with the humidity around 90%. Sadly, I am exaggerating only a little bit on those numbers!

Since so much of the day was spent driving, I really haven’t had a chance to start my air conditioning project that I mentioned in the last blog entry. Still, I was able to purchase the supplies that I will need to successfully finish that task. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get it done, but I just don’t know as it will depend on how much time I have in the morning before it gets too hot. Happy Trails to all! I hope those of you that find yourself in this heat wave can find a way to stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment