About Me

My photo
Full-time RVers- Full-time Friends (Married over 20 years, TO EACH OTHER!)

Saturday, July 30, 2011

When the going gets tough, the tough....

Well, the last full day in Branson turned out to be a very eventful one.  We got the day started a little later than we wanted.  In fact, we ended up having 'breakfast' at around noon.  We wanted to spend the rest of the day at Whitewater (a water amusement park).  However, that is were our plans changed.
Why are you posting a random butterfly picture? I don't know, I've just noticed that there are alot of butterflies in Branson!

We made our way to Whitewater at a little after one o'clock.  (Thanks again to the same friends that got us into Silver Dollar City for free on Thursday, we did the same thing with Whitewater yesterday.) Free always seems to work into the budget quite well.  :)  Anyhow, Whitewater has a relaxing ride there called the lazy river.  I love that 'ride,' because there are no lines and you do is float around on an inner tube.  We then decided to try out a couple water slides and the wave pool.  That is when the day changed.  After a while my wife became ill. I had let my blood sugar get too low and that, combined with the intense heat, did me in. We spent a good portion of the rest of the afternoon in the first aid station.  They were really kind and treated me very well.  When she started feeling a little better, we went back to the campground where I hooked up the air conditioner and let her take a long nap.  He's always so good to me. We were pretty hungry when she woke up, so we enjoyed a great buffet at the Golden Corral, I highly recommend it if you are ever in Branson.
Again, with the random picture! Hey, it's not random! They make great funnel cakes at White Water, and I'm certainly not going to post a picture of me in my bathing suit laying around in the first aid station!

Although the day did not turn out as planned, we still enjoyed ourselves.  It's one of the best things about being on vacation with no structured schedule,.  Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment